Much of the Austrian heritage is left in the city and can be discovered. On our Austrian Lviv Private Walking Tour you will find out more about unique places of Austrian history in Lviv.
- Prospekt Svobody – from the Hausner Palace to the Lviv Opera Theater and what other buildings should find your attention
- the University of Lviv through the centuries and how the Austrians established it formerly
- the Potocki Palace and why not every reward is worth it
You will be able to soak up the atmosphere of Austrian Lviv very well during our tour. We will also give you an insight into why the architecture here was Austrian but still also Galician!
Famous Austrians and locals in Lviv during Austrian times
Apart from buildings there are also many stories about people that are worth visiting. Because Lviv is far away from Vienna, many forgot that there were also quite interesting people that give a tragic, a funny or a interesting background on the Austrian history of Lemberg. Or did you know that
- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, the man who masochism it’s name, was from Lviv?
- that Franz Xaver Mozart, the son of genius composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart found the love of his life in Lviv but failed to meet the expectations set into him by other people?
Those people are very alive in the stories that our guides can tell you about the history of Austrian Lviv. We can promise you: You won’t need to set foot on a horse carriage to feel taken 150 years back in time!
Discover Austrian coffee culture
This tour is also a wonderful possibility to find out more about the history of coffee in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. And did you know that it actually was a Ukrainian who brought coffee to the Western world? Well, if you did not know that, it’s about time for you to join our tour! If you have any questions or extra wishes, we will be happy to help!